Written by Will Pfeifer, Art by Germán Torres
Hi, I’m Steven Padnick, the editor of The Advance Team. I am so proud of this book, where one of my favorite writers, Will Pfeifer, has teamed up with future comics superstar artist Germán Torres and legendary letterer Tom Orzechowski to create a weird, funny, scary, science fiction adventure about a young pizza-delivery guy who discovers that his heroes are much more, and much worse, than they seem to be. In this scene, strange dreams have brought Zack to the studio of world-renowned artist Anton Arvon, who attacks Zack with inhuman strength. Zack is in the fight of his life, against a being he has no chance of defeating.
More from our April newsletter:
- The Pirate Who Just Won’t Leave by Suzanne Johnson
- Historical Language Can Be Electrifying by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Finding Religion by Brian Francis Slattery
- Immobility: The Fake Book That Became Real by Brian Evenson
- John Scalzi Collection Sweepstakes