Join us as we welcome New York Times bestselling authors Cory Doctorow and Brandon Sanderson, and meet some of the newest authors on our list as well. Opportunities abound at panels throughout the show, or, stop by the Tor Booth (#945) for our *in-booth signings and giveaways. Read on for details!
Friday, October 14th
- 10:45am Zombies, Fallen Angels, and Other Paranormals Give New Meaning to “Undying Love”. Room 1A23. Bob Fingerman (Pariah) and other fiction authors discuss the not-quite-living characters and their complicated, pulse-challenged relationships in stories that speak more to life and humanity than death. Moderated by Drew Magary, author of The Postmortal.
- 12:00pm Bob Fingerman will be signing copies of Pariah in the Tor Booth (#945).
- 2pm Tor Booth signing with Edward Lazellari, signing his urban fantasy debut Awakenings. Booth #945.
- 3:30pm Tor Booth signing with New York Times bestselling author Cory Doctorow, signing copies of his young adult novel For the Win. Booth #945.
- 5pm Tor Booth signing with Joseph Nassise, signing copies of Eyes To See, the first novel in his Jeremiah Hunt Chronicles series. Booth #945.
- 8:45pm Demonic Hotspots, Infernal Pit Stops and the Badlands: The Great American Road Trip to Hell. Room 1A15. Edward Lazellari (Awakenings) and others argue that there truly is a continental divide between the forces of East and West; North and South; Good and Evil. Moderated by Diana Gill, Harper Voyager.
Saturday, October 15th
- 11am Tor Booth signing with Tony Gonzales, IP Development Manager at CCP Games, signing copies of Eve: Empyrean Age. Booth #945.
- 12pm Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne giveaway, by lead writer on the award-winning role-playing game Dragon Age: Origins, David Gaider. Booth #945.
- 12:15pm Vintage Tomorrows Sneak Preview. Room 1B01. A new documentary about what steampunk culture can teach us about the future, produced by Brian David Johnson, Futurist, Intel Corporation, with a panel featuring New York Times bestselling author Cory Doctorow (Little Brother) and others.
- 2pm Tor Booth Halo giveaway: Halo Evolutions Volume 1 & Volume 2 and Halo: Glasslands . Booth #945.
- 4pm Tor Booth signing with New York Times bestselling author Brandon Sanderson, signing Mistborn (Volume 1 of the series). Booth #945.
- 5:15pm Sci-Fi Prototyping: Designing the Future. Room 1A24. Join Cory Doctorow (Little Brother), Douglas Rushkoff (Life, Inc.) and moderator, author (Science Fiction Prototyping) and Intel Futurist Brian David Johnson as they discuss the power of science fiction on science fact, for the launch of “Tomorrow Project Seattle.”
- 6:15pm-7:00pm Intel booth signing of Tomorrow Project Anthology with Brian David Johnson, Cory Doctorow, and Douglas Rushkoff. Be the first to receive limited, signed editions of the book and other complimentary surprises.
- 6:30pm Winter is Here: Epic Fantasy Takes the Throne. Room 1A15. Bestselling author Brandon Sanderson (The Way of Kings) and others talk about why swords and sorcerers, king-makers and kingslayers, dragons and high drama have renewed interest in fiction. Moderated by Ron Hogan.
- 7:30pm Halo: Anniversary Discussion. Room 1A22. Kevin Grace (Halo: Evolutions Volume 1 & Volume 2) and others discuss where Halo has been and where it is going.
Sunday, October 16th
- 11am Anna Dressed in Blood giveaway, by young adult author Kendare Blake. Booth #945.
- 12:00pm Screen Future: Gaming, Comics and TV Around the World and Five Years From Now. Room 1A15. Featuring moderator Brian David Johnson (Intel Futurist and author of Screen Future), Cory Doctorow (Little Brother), Craig Engler (senior executive, Syfy channel, and Jim Shooter (legendary creator, Dark Horse Comics) discussing the digital future of entertainment. Expand your knowledge of the technology influencing our rapidly changing world.
- 1pm Tor booth signing with Lev AC Rosen, signing copies of his steampunk debut All Men of Genius. Booth #945.
- 3:30pm Tor Booth signing with Michele Lang, signing copies of her historical urban fantasy Lady Lazarus. Booth #945.
Comments are closed.