In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, 1000 copies of An Irish Country Doctor will be given away around NYC as part of Irish Book Day!
Irish Arts Center Book Day 2012: in association with New York City Council, Culture Ireland
Friday, March 16 | Early morning until the books run out!
Irish Arts Center will kick off the Friday of St. Patrick’s Day weekend with the second annual Irish Arts Center Book Day! Keep an eye out for Book Day volunteers handing out 10,000 works by Irish and Irish American authors, free, at subway stops and transportation hubs across all five boroughs. Be in the know on Book Day locations and other Book Day buzz by following our up-to-the-minute Twitter and Facebook updates.
Chinese translations will be available.
Starting at 7:30 am until the books run out!
The locations are:
- Queens #1: Jackson Heights Post Office, 78-02 37th Avenue at 78th Street, Jackson Heights, NY 11372. Down the street from Roosevelt Avenue station.
- Queens #2: Southeast corner of Roosevelt Avenue and 61st Street at Woodside / 61st Street stop on the 7 train.
- Brooklyn #1: Northeast corner of 7th Ave and 9th Street F train station.
- Brooklyn #2: Northeast corner of Havemeyer St. and Broadway at the Marcy Avenue J train station(please note: from 7:30am to 10:30am during rush hour)
- The Bronx: Parkchester 6 Subway station, 177th Street, Bronx, NY
- Manhattan #1: Southwest corner of Canal Street and Centre Street, at the J, Z, N, Q train station entrance on Centre.
- Manhattan #2: 72nd and Broadway at 1 train station.
- Staten Island: St. George Terminal Staten Island, 1 Bay Street, Staten Island, NY 10301
Featuring Hundreds of Titles by Authors Including:
Mary Curran Hackett
Michael J. Farrell
John T. Ridge