Little Brother by Cory Doctorow, The January Dancer by Michael Flynn and Half a Crown by Jo Walton, have been chosen as three of the six finalists in this year’s Prometheus Award for Best Novel.
Here are all six finalists for the Best Novel category of this year’s Prometheus Award, which honors the best pro-freedom or anti-authoritarian novel of the previous year:
*Matter by Iain Banks (Orbit)
* Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (TOR)
* The January Dancer by Michael Flynn (TOR)
* Saturn’s Children by Charles Stross (Ace)
* Opening Atlantis by Harry Turtledove (Penguin/Roc)
* Half a Crown by Jo Walton (TOR)
The Best Novel winner will receive a one-ounce gold coin and a personalized plaque. Winners in several Prometheus Award categories, including the Hall of Fame (Best Classic Fiction), will be announced during the 67th World Science Fiction Convention August 6-10, 2009 in Montréal, Quebec, Canada.
Congratulations to all involved!