ONE MORE WEEK!
I know. I know. The wait must be killing you by now. Try to relax. November 2nd will be here soon, and there are plenty of things we can all do to occupy our time until the release of Towers of Midnight.
So before you lose your marbles, consider the following 25 suggestions:
- Wash the spears. You will need them when Tarmon Gai’don begins
- Take your wolf brother for a nice relaxing walk
- Raise the banner of Malkier in your backyard and see who shows up
- Make an apple pie since you have plenty on hand now.
- Fantasize about what Ajah you’ll join one day
- Play Snakes and Foxes with your best friend until one of you wins
- Take a camping trip to the parking lot of your local bookstore
- Tease your boyfriend with your best Tinker shawl dance
- Tease your girlfriend with your best Tinker shawl dance and hope she doesn’t dump you
- Book your hotel room for JordanCon
- Start your own Ajah
- Practice your juggling and other gleeman’s skills
- Adopt a piglet and name it Mat
- Eat every meal this week with sursa
- Scribble the Dragon’s Fang on your sibling’s door
- Reorganize your RAFO cards
- Look for the Waygate that opens up to the Tor offices thinking that you’ll be able to steal a copy of Towers of Midnight
- Start your Wheel of Time costume for Halloween (I’m going to be a Tinker!)
- Teach your dog to obey commands in the Old Tongue
- Play Magic: The Gathering (Maybe the extra practice will give you the edge you need to beat Brandon on tour)
- Practice your sword forms
- Go to Starbucks and attempt to order kaf
- Hunt down the remaining renegade Black Ajah
- Attempt to trick your crush into a Seanchan marriage
- Ignore me. You’re going to keep drinking and keep bloody gambling. No woman is going to walk into your life and start telling you what to do.
Laura Fitzgerald is the Internet Marketing Assistant at Tor Books and Sitter for the Ochre Ajah, an Ajah she made up while waiting for Towers of Midnight. The Ochre Ajah is dedicated to improving the taste of muffins and other baked goods through the One Power. They are currently accepting petitions from hopeful aspirants on the Tor Books Twitter.
From the Tor/Forge Wheel of Time edition newsletter. Sign up to receive our newsletter via email.
More from the Wheel of Time edition newsletter:
- There are no beginning or endings… by Jason Denzel, Dragonmount.com
- Theoryland—Just Some Crazy in a Pot by Matt Hatch, Theoryland.com
- Threads in Time by Linda Taglieri, The Thirteenth Depository
- How Asmodean made me better at my job by Justin Golenbock, aka Tor’s “Wheel of Time guy”
- Tower Guards
- Wheel of Time Wallpaper